- When: Sunday, August 4, 2019 - Saturday, August 10, 2019
- Who: All Korean-Americans (adopted, 2nd, 3rd generation etc, or multiracial Korean background)
- Ages: 7 – 18 (or entering 3rd grade in Fall 2019 – finished 12th grade in June 2019
- Visitor's Day: Friday, August 9, 2019
- Due Date: Balance + health forms due by Sunday, July 14, 2019 (Late fees applicable)
- New Families: $575
- Returning Families: $625 ($575 if registered by Saturday, June 1, 2019)
- *Registration fee includes lodging, food, and activities. **All registrations require a $100 deposit.
STEP 1: Register On Ultracamp
- Visit our online registration page in the link above
- Click “Register for this session”
- Click “Create an Account” if you do not already have one.
- Click “Add a person to my account”
- Select “a child” for individual type, and fill out your camper’s information.
- Once complete click “Save and Make Reservation”
- If you haven’t created an alternate contact on your account yet, the application will ask you to enter one.
- Follow the steps to complete your camper’s registration. During this step you will provide some background health information about your camper*. Note that we require the Physician Signature and Recommendation Form to be emailed or faxed to us manually (instructions below).
- At the end you will be prompted for possible discounts based on your registration history with SJC and the number of campers you are registering for this year.
- After your registration is complete, you will be required to submit your Physician Signature and Recommendation Form + Insurance Card (photocopy).
*Parents’ Confidential Form must disclose any emotional/psychological conditions and/or treatment that your camper is experiencing. Failure to fully disclose this information may result in your camper being sent home.
STEP 2: Submit Your Health Forms
Your blank health forms will be attached to your confirmation email after completing Step 1. Your forms must be sent to us electronically. Please ensure that all forms are complete, and registration balance is paid by Sunday, July 14, 2019. Late fees will be assessed if these steps are not completed (see below).
We REQUIRE the following medical documents:
- Scan or fax of your health insurance card (front and back),
- Scan or fax of your Signed physician signature form (blank form is attached to your confirmation email).
- Scan or fax of your camper’s immunization records (can also be submitted during step 1)
How to send us your health forms:
You may submit your health forms via the following methods.
Health forms for multiple campers:
If your insurance card applies to more than one camper registration in your family, please indicate as such with a scanned/faxed cover letter or in an email to email@example.com.
It is of vital importance that we receive your camper’s physician-signed health forms by Sunday, July 14, 2019 so we can authorize your registration. The following late fees will be assessed if your health forms or registration balance are submitted after the due date.
- $100 late fee if all health forms + insurance cards are not received by Sunday, July 14, 2019.
- $50 late fee per camper if balance of payment is not received by Sunday, July 14, 2019.
- *Campers who arrive at camp missing health forms will be sent home and NO refunds will be made.
Cancellation & Refunds
- Families who cancel their reservation from Sunday, July 21, 2019 (2 weeks before camp starts) will forfeit their deposit.
- If canceling from Sunday, July 28, 2019 (one week before camp starts) or later, the entire payment will be forfeited.
- Cancellation or removal from camp, or removal due to expulsion, will result in forfeiture of the entire payment. Refunds may be granted under special circumstances (e.g. medical emergency) at the sole discretion of the SJC director.
✚ Early registration discount for returning families
$50.00 OFF per registration fee when a returning family registers by Saturday, June 1, 2019
✚ Discount per extra child:
$25.00 OFF the registration fee per additional child registered per household. Discount is automatically applied during online registration.
✚ Discount per referral:
$25.00 OFF the registration fee per additional referred family registered.
Please contact us if you have referred a new family.
Camp fees include $10.00 to spend at the camp store. Each day after lunch, campers may purchase juice, candy, stamps, T-shirts sweatshirts, etc. from the camp store.
Additionally, certain afternoon electives may have a small fee associated with them to cover the cost of camp crafts, T-shirt design, etc. Therefore, you may send in additional money for your camper to spend at the camp store with your balance of payment if camper plans to spend more than $10.00 for any of the above items. We will bill you after camp for any additional store credit used. Please note: Any store credit balances less than $12.50 will be considered a donation to SJC, and not returned. *Time and labor involved in refunding less than $12.50 make it impractical.
Code of Conduct Contract:
The Sae Jong Camp Camper Code of Conduct is a set of guidelines that outlines the appropriate behavior expected of campers and staff members in order to promote a positive experience and safe environment for all in attendance. This agreement is a required step during online registration. Parent’s must certify that they have reviewed the contract with their camper(s).
Sae Jong Camp offers financial assistance extending to families facing special circumstances or financial hard times, made possibly through the Chull Victor Kim Campership Fund. In Victor’s memory, his family generously provides funds to help campers attend SJC.
Sae Jong Camp also recognizes that campers coming from the Western states incur greater travel related expenses than those located in the Mid-West or East Coast. In light of this, we are trialing a rebate in the event that we have 70 or more campers for the 2018 year. This rebate is applicable to campers traveling from Colorado, Wyoming, Montana, New Mexico and other points farther West, and is valued at $150.
Please contact us to request financial assistance, or if you have any questions.
Bus transportation no longer offered:
Unfortunately we can no longer offer bus service to/from SJC. Ridership has declined over the past several years to the point that it is no longer cost-effective for us to charter a bus. We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause. If you are interested in car-pooling to/from camp, please contact us and we’ll try to help.
Donate to Sae Jong Camp:
Sae Jong Camp needs your help! In order to increase the quality of our program, restore/maintain camp equipment, and to give camp scholarships to campers who need financial aid, we need to raise money through donations from generous people like YOU! For your security and convenience, we use PayPal to accept your credit card payments.