- When: August 8, 2021 1:00 pm - August 14, 2021 1:00 pm
- Who: All Korean-Americans (adopted, 2nd, 3rd generation etc, or multiracial Korean background)
- Ages: 10 – 18 (or entering 4th grade in Fall 2021 – finished 12th grade in June 2021)
- Visitor's Day: Visitor's Day will not take place this year (more details below)
- Due Date: Balance + health forms due by July 18, 2021 11:59 pm (Late fees applicable)
- New Families: $575
- Returning Families: $625 ($575 if registered by June 10, 2021 11:59 pm)
- *Registration fee includes lodging, food, and activities. **All registrations require a $100 deposit.
There are important changes this year. Please Read!
Because of COVID-19 precautions, we are significantly changing a few things from our usual camp procedures. These protocols come from American Camp Association (ACA) and the State of Michigan Dept. of Health.
Please note, we have a maximum capacity of 55 campers at this time. This number is based on availability of staff and facilitation that we can safely provide. This number could increase in the future. We have an automatic waiting list enabled in the event that all spaces are filled.
STEP 1: Register On Ultracamp
- Visit our online registration page in the link above
- Click “Register”
- Click “Create an Account” if you do not already have one.
- Click “+Add Person”
- Select “Child” for individual type, and fill out your camper’s information, and Click “Save”
- On the next page, confirm your parent information.
- If you haven’t created an alternate contact on your account yet, the application will ask you to create one.
- Follow the steps to complete your camper’s registration.
- At the end you will be prompted for possible discounts available to your registration.
- After your registration is complete, you will be required to send us your Physician Signature Form, Insurance Card, and COVID-19 Test Results or Vaccination Results (photocopy).
*Parents’ Confidential Form must disclose any emotional/psychological conditions and/or treatment that your camper is experiencing. Failure to fully disclose this information may result in your camper being sent home.
STEP 2: Submit Your Health Forms
We require a number of physical health forms in order to complete your registration. These forms must be sent to us electronically. Please ensure that all forms are complete, and registration balance is paid by July 18, 2021 11:59 pm. Late fees will be assessed if these steps are not completed (see below).
We REQUIRE the following medical documents:
- Upload, Email, or Fax: a photocopy of your Health Insurance Card (Front and Back)
- Upload, Email, or Fax: a photocopy of your Physician Signature & Recommendation Form signed by your doctor. Tip: You may also send an electronic version to your doctor via the Document Center.
- Upload, Email, or Fax: a photocopy of your immunization records.
- Upload, Email, or Fax: a photocopy of your COVID-19 Test Results* or COVID-19 Vaccination Record
*COVID-19 Test Results must NOT be sent earlier than August 5, 2021.
Scanning and digitizing your forms
The easiest method we’ve found for digitizing your apps is to use a scanner app (listed below) and save the file as a PDF. Other options include a home or office scanning device, or faxing your forms to us (see further below).
|Microsoft Office Lens||Android||iPhone|
NOTE: We do not accept cell phone or camera photos of these documents, and you will be asked to resubmit.
How to send us your health forms
You may submit your health forms via the following methods.
|Upload your forms (preferred method):|
Upload your completed form files and medical documents to our Document Center.
|Email your forms:|
You may also attach and email your forms to [email protected].
|Fax your forms:|
If you are unable to upload or email your forms, you may also fax your documents to (313) 484-0804. Sometimes this is the only option, depending on your doctor’s office.
Insurance covering multiple campers
If your insurance card applies to more than one camper registration in your family, please indicate as such with a scanned/faxed cover letter or in an email to [email protected].
COVID-19 test results OR vaccination requirements
This year we are requiring negative test results for COVID-19 at most 72 hours (3 days) before camp, or proof of a COVID-19 vaccination for your camper (for ages 12 and older). During online registration you will be asked to attest to either one of these scenarios and are required to electronically send us a photocopy of your camper’s negative test results or vaccination certificate. If your camper will be vaccinated, you may send us this document anytime before camp begins (pending late fees noted below). You may upload either of these to our Document Center.
Standard vaccination requirements
The following vaccinations are required for both campers and staff at SJC in order to attend camp:
For campers younger than 11 years old:
|Tdap||A combination vaccine that protects against tetanus, diphtheria, and pertussis (whooping cough)|
|MMR||Mumps, measles, rubella|
For campers 11 years old and older:
|Tdap||A combination vaccine that protects against tetanus, diphtheria, and pertussis (whooping cough)|
|Bexsero or |
|To prevent meningitis caused by meningococcal serogroup B (age 16 yrs and older)|
|Menactra||To prevent infection caused by meningococcal bacteria serogroups A/C/W/Y (given at age 12 and 16yr)|
The vaccines that we are requiring are part of the routine vaccine schedule and would be covered by insurance. If no insurance, the public health department or travel clinic probably has them for a low cost. PLEASE PLAN IN ADVANCE TO ALLOW ENOUGH TIME TO GET THESE VACCINATIONS OR BOOSTERS WELL BEFORE CAMP!
It is of vital importance that we receive your camper’s physician-signed health forms by July 18, 2021 11:59 pm so we can authorize your registration. The following late fees will be assessed if your health forms or registration balance are submitted after the due date.
- $100 late fee if all health forms + insurance cards are not received by July 18, 2021 11:59 pm.
- $50 late fee per camper if balance of payment is not received by July 18, 2021 11:59 pm.
- *Campers who arrive at camp missing health forms will be sent home and NO refunds will be made.
Cancellation & Refunds
- Families who cancel their reservation from July 25, 2021 11:59 pm (2 weeks before camp starts) will forfeit their deposit.
- If canceling from August 1, 2021 11:59 pm (one week before camp starts) or later, the entire payment will be forfeited.
- Cancellation or removal from camp, or removal due to expulsion, will result in forfeiture of the entire payment. Refunds may be granted under special circumstances (e.g. medical emergency) at the sole discretion of the SJC director.
✚ Early registration discount for returning families:
$50.00 OFF per registration fee when a returning family registers before June 10, 2021 11:59 pm
✚ Discount per extra child:
$20.00 OFF the registration fee per additional child registered per household. Discount is automatically applied during online registration.
✚ Discount per referral:
$20.00 OFF the registration fee per additional referred family registered.
Please contact us if you have referred a new family.
Camp fees include $10.00 to spend at the camp store. Each day after lunch, campers may purchase juice, candy, stamps, T-shirts sweatshirts, etc. from the camp store.
Additionally, certain afternoon electives may have a small fee associated with them to cover the cost of camp crafts, T-shirt design, etc. Therefore, you may send in additional money for your camper to spend at the camp store with your balance of payment if your camper plans to spend more than $10.00 for any of the above items. We will bill you after camp for any additional store credit used. Please note: Any store credit balances less than $12.50 will be considered a donation to SJC, and not returned. *Time and labor involved in refunding less than $12.50 make it impractical.
Code of Conduct Contract
The Sae Jong Camp Camper Code of Conduct is a set of guidelines that outlines the appropriate behavior expected of campers and staff members in order to promote a positive experience and safe environment for all in attendance. This agreement is a required step during online registration. Parents must certify that they have reviewed the contract with their camper(s).
Sae Jong Camp offers financial assistance to families facing special circumstances, long-distance travel or financial hardship. We offer this assistance through the Chull Victor Kim Campership Fund. In Victor’s memory, his family and others generously provide aid to help campers attend SJC.
Confidential requests for financial aid can be made in step 6 of the application process. All information submitted and actual financial aid provided is kept confidential. Please contact us to request financial assistance or if you have any questions.
- Insurance: The camp carries accident insurance for campers and staff. A photocopy of the parent’s health insurance policy card should be sent in with the forms and balance due.
- Luggage: All luggage must accompany the camper. Please remember to label all clothing and luggage so it doesn’t end up in lost & found!
- T-shirts: A different camp T-Shirt is designed each year. One T-shirt is included with the camp fee this year. Additional T-shirts are available for $15.00 for small, medium, large, or extra large. For XXL T-shirts the cost is $20.00 each.
- Telephone: Campers may only make collect or calling-card calls, which will be placed by the Counselor. In the event that the camper must be contacted from home, the Director should be called at (989) 821-9474
- Visitor’s Day: Unfortunately, this summer we will not be holding Visitor’s Day in accordance with recommended COVID-19 safety protocols.
- Questions: If you have any questions before, during, or after camp, please do not hesitate to call us at (313) 725-4113 (please leave message). You may reach us directly at this number while we are at camp. Alternatively, you can also call Camp Westminster at (989) 821-9474.
Donate to Sae Jong Camp
Sae Jong Camp needs your help! In order to increase the quality of our program, restore/maintain camp equipment, and to give camp scholarships to campers who need financial aid, we need to raise money through donations from generous people like YOU! For your security and convenience, we use PayPal to accept your credit card payments.