In order to better protect our campers, we are updating our vaccination requirements for both staff and campers at SJC. Previous requirements were minimal and we feel that it is prudent to do so going forward.
For campers younger than 11 years old:
- Tdap a combination vaccine that protects against tetanus, diphtheria, and pertussis (whooping cough)-
- MMR (Mumps, measles, rubella)
- IPV (Polio)
For campers 11 years old and older:
- Tdap a combination vaccine that protects against tetanus, diphtheria, and pertussis (whooping cough)
- Bexsero or Trumemba to prevent meningitis caused by meningococcal serogroup B (age 16 yrs and older)
- Menactra to prevent infection caused by meningococcal bacteria serogroups A/C/W/Y (given at age 12 and 16yr)
The vaccines that we are requiring are part of the routine vaccine schedule and would be covered by insurance. If no insurance, the public health department or travel clinic probably has them for a low cost.
PLEASE PLAN IN ADVANCE TO ALLOW ENOUGH TIME TO GET THESE VACCINATIONS OR BOOSTERS WELL BEFORE SJC 2020!